Saturday, February 27, 2010

Keep It Simple Please



















When I first started scrapbooking I would spend so much time on each layout. It took me a long time to get anything accomplished. Some of those layouts were published in books and magazines, but they didn't seem like "me." It seemed like I was trying too hard to use all the "latest" embellishments and techniques.

Recently we had some photos taken by Stacey Cordes and they are gorgeous. I wanted to create an album that really showcased the photos. It seems like many of the layouts out there right now are "full" of stuff, so much so that the photos get lost. The photos are the reason for the layout so I've been trying "Keep it Simple" and make the photos SHINE! Here are a couple of the layouts I created using a digital kit from The Shabby Princess. I think I achieved my goal of showcasing the stunning photos of my girls.

PS: Thanks for voting for my layout at www.penscrappers.com. I'm crossing my fingers that I win the prize so I can use it at school with my Desktop Publishing students.


















No comments: